VDU Assessor Training Course
This is a one-day course VDU Assessor Training Course is designed to enable the course
participants to perform risk assessments in the use, ergonomics and management
of VDU’s in the office and workplace.
training course will fulfill your statutory obligations in this
regard. The course is designed to ensure that participant will be fully
qualified to undertake VDU ergonomic assessments in the workplace.
Excel Safety Services Ireland provides this training course which is in line with current legislation and is recognised by the Health and Safety Authority(HSA).
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- List the duties defined in the General Applications Regulations 2007, Chapter 5 Display Screen equipment (DSE).
- Understand the factors that constitute an assessment: equipment, work area, work posture, noise, glare, work chair, heat, humidity, lighting, manual handling etc.
- Understand ergonomic factors and VDU workstation layout: area – minimum requirements, housekeeping, clutter and trip hazards.
- Appreciate the postural implications of VDU workstations and the implications of Work-related Musculo-skeletal problems or diseases.
- Confidently carry out VDU workstation assessments and advise operators on the safe methods of work.
VDU Assessor Training Course Programme
Introduction to VDU Assessments
- Ergonomics: “The study of workplace equipment design or how to arrange and design devices, machines, or workspace so that people and things interact safely and most efficiently”.
- An introduction to the relationship between the individual, the task, the environment, the work equipment and the individual capacity to do the work required.
- Legal requirements – discussion on Irish & European legislation pertaining to VDUs.
- Perceived and real hazards of VDU work e.g. WRULD’s, RSI’s, Eye strain, stress
- Controversial topics: alleged reproductive hazards; “radioactive emissions” associated with VDUs.
Duration: 1 Day
Maximum No. of Participants on Course: 12
The course includes
classroom presentation and discussion. Workshop will be used to
demonstrate an ergonomic layout. Videos, multi-media presentation and
flipchart and discussions are used throughout the course.
Contact Safety Services Ireland to discuss your training requirements
Back to home page
Back to top of VDU Assessor Training Course page