Childcare First Aid Course
This is a one-day childcare first aid course specifically designed to teach life saving skills with relation to children, babies and toddlers.
childcare first aid course is ideal for both parents and also professional childcare
facilities to prepare staff for emergency situations.
All our instructors are certified with PHECC
This childcare first aid course has a
major emphasis on dealing with accidents that happen to children from
newborn to eight years of age. This unique course will give you the
skills to deal with all first aid and medical emergencies that occur
with this age group. This course will give you the skills needed to treat children and infants for basic injuries and illnesses. You will learn; how to assess a child or infant for injuries, how to apply CPR and treat choking, how to treat bleeding, burns and medical conditions specific to children.
Childcare First Aid Course Programme
- First Aid Management (prevention, ems activation, reports, stress, debriefing, kits)
- CPR Child/ Infant (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation)
- AED (Defibrillator)
- Reacting to illness, injury & emergencies (Infant/ Toddler/ Child)
- Head injuries
- Soft Tissue injuries - sprains and strains
- Child specific scenarios
Who should attend?
Tailored for creche, montessori, childcare workers, teachers, parents, expecting couples etc.
Duration: 1 Day
Maximum Participants: 12
Prevention is always the most important thing to remember
Why is child-proofing your home one of the most valuable actions you can take in helping to keep your child safe at home?
- It's all about preventing the risk of injury to your child - did you know that most injuries in the 0-5 year age group happen in the home?
- Child-proofing allows you to spot potential dangers.
- Once you have spotted the danger, you can then sort it - it is all about preventing the risk of injury to your child.
How to child-proof your home - inside and out:
- Get down on your hands and knees (to your child's height) and go through your home - inside and outside.
- Yes, you may feel a little foolish! However, as you move around the home you will see every area from your child's height.
- It is amazing to view the home and surroundings from this level - you will see, very plainly at times, how inviting many dangerous items and areas look.
- Child-proof inside your home - go from room to room - remember to include the halls, stairs and landing.
- Child-proof all areas outside your house - front and back - include driveway, gardens, avenue, shed and garage.
Ask yourself the question in every room/area:
- Is there anything in this space that could be a danger to a child?
- Once you spot the danger areas and items, you can take action to fix them.
- If your child is minded in another person's house, regardless of how seldom, it is important that house is child proofed too. So pass on this valuable information to the carer/guardian.
Contact Excel Safety Services Ireland to discuss your training requirements
Book your Course
Back to top of Childcare First Aid Course
Back to Home page